Welcome to our new bra blog, where women of every shape and size can get personal and detailed information about bra fitting and the hottest new trends in lingerie! For the past twenty plus years, we have been working hard to help women understand the vital importance of having bras that fit them properly. In our experience, approximately 85% of women do not know their proper bra size, and the remaining 15% do not necessarily understand which shapes and styles are best for their body types. Further, women can change sizes up to (or more than) 5 times in her life, resulting from weight loss or gain, medication, menstruation, pregnancy, breast feeding, menopause, surgery, or simply age.
A woman wearing the right size and shape bra will not only LOOK better no matter what she is wearing on top, but will FEEL comfortable and more like herself. Frequent discomfort and tiny adjustments made to your bra in the course of one day are unnecessary– if your bra fits properly, you should barely be able to feel that it’s on, other than the fact that it is supporting you properly. You can move around all day without needing to worry that your breasts are spilling out of the bra cups!
I invite all women to include a thorough spring cleaning of their lingerie drawers. Try on all of your bras, one by one. Ask yourself the following questions whenever you put on each bra:
- Am I adjusting the back closure at the tightest hook for it to support me?
- Does the back ride up in an inverse U-shape?
- Does the underwire cut into my breast tissue or under my arms?
- Do the cups ride up when I lift up my arms?
- Is my breast tissue spilling out of the cups, even when I adjust the straps?
- Are my straps adjusted to the tightest fit and are still falling to the sides?
- Do I feel constrained or not properly supported when I am moving around in my bra?
- Is the back closure too tight, even at the loosest hooks, so that I find it hard to breathe or move?
- Is the elastic around the band worn and overextended?
If any single one of these criteria apply to any of your bras, you are not wearing the right size or your bras are too worn and their shelf life is over. Promptly throw out all bras that no longer fit and make room for some new lingerie. You will feel, look and move more comfortably if you invest in some new day-to-day bras. DON’T COMPROMISE! If you’re not sure if your bra fits, because you answered “sort of” to some of the previous questions, then it probably doesn’t.
If you want specialized, personal answers to your bra problems, then post your comments here, or e-mail us.
Stay tuned for our next blog entry on how to find the right shape and size for your unique body type! (Because we know that no two women are made exactly the same.)
See you next time!