Happy Late Autumn, everyone! Goodness, how time seems to fly –and not surprisingly since November is probably one of the most hectic months in the year, especially when planning get-togethers with family for Thanksgiving and even getting ready for Christmas (some people don’t actually wait until the last minute!). Every day, we deal with a lot of things, from work to family to relationships… if we don’t take time to enjoy it, time can just run away from us in the blink of an eye.
Here’s a friendly reminder: We need to recharge and refresh! And as ridiculously undoable as it may seem at first, we really do need to find – nay, MAKE -the time to indulge ourselves. Burnouts are never pretty, and they can leave one feeling resentful, stretched out and all around unpleasant. And trust me, it’s actually not that hard to find at least five minutes to do something special for ourselves to help us keep life wonderfully balanced!
Here are a few ideas for some de-stressing ‘me’ time when you need it the most – NOW!
- Sleep! It’s free, refreshing, and is probably one of the best ways to get rid of those dark circles under your eyes.
- Treat yourself (literally!) You know what they say…
- Exercise. Did I hear a few groans? Ladies, no one has ever regretted a workout session. EVER. It makes us sit a little straighter, stand a little taller, and feel like we can conquer the world. Do it!! Even 15 minutes can make a world of difference in how you feel. Once you get into it and your adrenaline is pumping, it won’t seem like a chore.
- Tea and a hot bath soak. The most soothing beverage, coupled with a luxuriously foamy bath will warm you, inside and out.
“When in doubt, take a bath.” -Mae West
- Read a good book. Escapism is a wonderful thing! A little bit of it before bed, during transit (oh, those long rides of nothing-ness!) and on a rainy day is sure to bring contentment and expand the mind!
- Catch up with a friend. And no, leaving a post on their Facebook wall doesn’t count. Go out for a girly coffee date or a heart-to-heart video chat on Skype. Make the connection meaningful and special!
- Listen to soft, relaxing music. Classical music may not be everyone’s thing, but there are CDs that have recordings of sounds from nature. Perfect way to simulate a calm oasis for yourself! Doesn’t the idea of closing your eyes to the rhythmic lullaby of a waterfall sound lovely?
- Get your hair cut and styled! A shiny, bouncing coif usually comes with a matching attitude and outlook on life!
- Wear something gorgeous. Lingerie is the best treat (at least we think so!) a girl can get for herself… so splurge! Shopping is also therapeutic, but don’t take our word for it! 😉
How about a sexy little lingerie set in a deep, rich colour that makes you feel ever so girly and glamorous? Pair this lace bra with the matching hipster for vintage-inspired sensuality!
Whatever it is that makes you feel pampered and special, remember to not only fit it into your schedule, but to make it an important part, and you will be amazed at how much vibrancy and energy you have despite everything your week throws at you!
Credits, Sources & References:
Grace Kelly in ‘High Society’:
Keep Calm poster:
Woman reading while taking a bath:
Women in trench coats: