Always vowing to do more exercise and eat healthier food?
Stick to your good intentions with our five tips to get peace of mind– and a slimmer behind– right now.
1. Get in touch with Mother Nature. Exploring the great outdoors is a natural, fun and surefire way to stay healthy while enjoying activities as diverse as rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, jogging, biking and waterskiing. Let the sun naturally fuel your body with Vitamin D, which helps regulate calcium, boosts your immune system and helps prevent osteoporosis, and leaves you energized. Use sunscreen with at least an SPF 15 to keep harmful rays from damaging your skin.
2. Get a REAL Sports Bra THAT FITS. Over time, your bras naturally wear and tear, making it crucial to renew your wardrobe at least once a year and make sure your bras fit properly. This DEFINITELY includes your sports bras! Your breasts’ and skin’s elasticity decrease naturally with age, pregnancy, weight loss or gain, etc. If you wear a sports bra that doesn’t support properly, this process is sped up, making your breasts bounce and causing small tears in the ligaments that keep your breasts firm, potentially causing sagging.
3. Vitalize. Get a dose of energizing, exotic fruits rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals like pomegranate, berries and kiwi, or veggies like peppers, spinach and ginger. Incorporate these into your breakfast to get a kick-start to your day, or fill small tupperware with fun salads to grab when you’re on the go or for a healthy mid-morning or afternoon snack to get a natural, revitalizing boost of vitamins and minerals without the burnout effects of caffeine or energy drinks. Pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, and sunflower seeds are also rich in antioxidants and are a super tasty and creative add-in to your cereals and fruit salads.
4. Clear your mind and lower stress. Try meditating, yoga, tai chi or other relaxing, invigorating low-impact exercises that tone your body, relieve stress and help you relax. Doing any kind of physical activity boosts endorphins, increases muscle and blood circulation, which will make you feel happier and less stressed.
5. Clean out your space. Organize To-Do lists, recycle old newspapers and magazines, tidy your drawers, or host a garage sale on your block. Donate clothes that no longer fit or that are just so 90’s you’ll never wear them again. By getting rid of clutter in your personal space, you’ll ease your mind and feel refreshed, instead of stressed and claustrophobic. Plus, you’ll also have much more room to store the shoe boxes stacked five feet high in your closet…
Share YOUR tips for fitness and healthy eating with us!
Comment here or e-mail me (Lisa) at email@example.com.